Blue Christmas Worship
Dear Iowa United Methodists,
As a gift to our pastors, churches and anyone who might be feeling a little down during the Christmas season, we have created a Blue Christmas Worship Service featuring a message by Rev. Dr. Lanette Plambeck titled, Finding Our Voice.
We know that not everyone is experiencing joy and excitement during the Christmas season. Dealing with the isolation of a global pandemic, job losses, deaths of loved ones, divorces, the political and religious divisions all contribute to feelings of pain and sadness.
We have created this service as a way to set aside a time of sacred space for those who feel blue and seek hope and comfort during the Christmas Season.
Have a Blessed Christmas!
The Iowa Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church
If you find yourself feeling a little blue this Christmas, we invite you to reach out to a trusted friend, pastor or use one of the following resources:
- National Alliance of Mental Illness - namiiowa.org
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline - Call: 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line - Call: 1-800-273-8255, Press 1
- Iowa Crisis Chat - iowacrisischat.org
- The Trevor Project LGBTQ Youth - Call: 1-866-488-7386 or Text: “START” to 678-678
- Adult Mental Health – Your Life Iowa Statewide Crisis Line - Call: 1-855-581-8111
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline - Call: 1-800-799-7233